Wednesday, August 21, 2013

An Unexpected Journey

Thailand will be a very foreign place to both Kalzone and I. 
For Kalzone it will be not only her first missions trip, but her first time overseas as well. 
For me, it will be my first time in an Asian Culture AND my first time learning all this visa crap!!! 
Oh my word I could pull my hair out! I'm sure I'll look back and be pleased with myself for learning the process and making myself do it, but good grief, it seems to never end. Don't the Thai people want us? I mean have you met me and Kalzone, we are awesome! There should be no required documents for our entrance....
Alright I kid. I mean, we are awesome. But I get it. All this to say: An unexpected cost for a work visa has come up and Kalzone and I have to make a trip to the Thai Embassy in Washington DC on Monday.
This however, Kalzone reminds me, is just the start of our journey. This whole "preparation stage" we're in has been a humbling one to say the least. Every time the Lord has asked Kalzone or I to give, He has replaced the "give" to the exact amount, every time. On top on this, I find it oddly ironic that I found out this morning we have to make the trip to DC when just Sunday afternoon Kalzone was asking if her and I could make a trip there 'someday', "My last visit there was 8th grade and I don't remember a thing, maybe for my birthday we could visit, I would really like that" she said. Brushing this comment off as I had "so much on my mind" I am reminded gently this morning that God never brushes things off, he cares about them all, big or small. And He keeps giving us stuff, I don't quite understand it, but its been very cool to be apart of. God not only loves me and Kal, but he likes us too! So much that he wanted to give us a fun day trip to DC, all because Kalzone simply asked.
 Please pray for finances to be covered, a safe trip to DC and for a speedy visa processing! Thanks everyone! DC Bound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment